Car plows into restaurant, injures three people
ARTESIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A car plowed into a Miramar restaurant Friday, hitting one customer who was walking out the door and two others who were seated.
A third woman was pushed aside by the impact and can be seen in surveillance video holding her knee in pain.
The driver is a regular customer at the Surati Farsan Mart and was stopping by to place an order for her daughter's birthday.
She told police that as she pulled into a parking space, her foot accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.
The restaurant's owner was surprised yet thankful that there were only minor injuries.
"When I first pulled it out, I was shocked, it was crazy-looking. Luckily, I am surprised nobody was hurt with all of the force of the impact," said owner Raj Patel, who has second Surati Farsan Mart location in Artesia.
It is unknown if the driver will be cited. Damage to the restaurant is estimated at about $25,000.
car crash, caught on tape, san diego, california news, melissa macbride
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)