Pasadena DMV, 32 others, feature self-serve kiosks
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- When you go to the DMV, you can usually expect to stand in line and be annoyed by the long wait.
But that will no longer be the case at the 33 DMV locations in the state that now feature self-service kiosks. You can use it if your vehicle needs a smog check or if you have to show proof of insurance.
Arlene Mendez was able to renew her vehicle registration using one of the quick self-service terminals now at the Pasadena DMV, an experience she enjoyed.
The machine works by first scanning the bar code. After you pay, the machine takes about a minute to print your tags with your license plate number on a sticker.
If you renew your vehicle registration at the window, you can pay using cash, check, or your debit card. But if you use the kiosk, also have the option of paying with your credit card.
Irene Kwok expected to be at the DMV for 30 minutes or more, but she was in and out in no time.
"It's fast, it's convenient, it's very very nice," said Kwok, a Pasadena resident.
The kiosks are a nice surprise that just might have more people enjoying their next trip to the DMV.
The new kiosks are located at:
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 43 min ago
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones 9 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale