9-year-old seriously injured in dog attack
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is in the hospital in serious condition after he was attacked by a pit bull Sunday.
Authorities said it happened when the boy got into the backyard of a home in Sacramento. An elderly woman, who lives next door, was also bitten by the dog.
Sheriff's deputies said the animal tore up the boy's arm and even had its mouth clenched onto the boy's head at one point.
Deputies shot the pit bull for fear it would jump the fence into another yard where children were playing.
dog attack, california news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 38 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 32 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 29 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 18 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'