Boy, 10, stabs young friend to death in San Diego
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A 10-year-old boy stabbed a young friend to death in San Diego on Monday afternoon.
Police said several boys were playing in the driveway of a home in the Lakeside district when neighbors heard screams.
The boy had stabbed his 12-year-old friend in the chest with a kitchen knife. The friend died at the hospital less than two hours later.
The 10-year-old was taken inside his home. It's unclear where he is now.
"He didn't mean to do it. I heard that clearly. Then I heard them try to console him, and they took him back in the house," said witness Wayne King.
Friends of the 10-year-old said the boy had been in therapy for anger issues and took medication for ADHD.
san diego, stabbing, california news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 32 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash 39 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards