Birthers file CA lawsuit, question Romney's citizenship
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- So-called birthers have filed a lawsuit demanding the California secretary of state verify the eligibility of this year's presidential candidates.
Voters who do not believe President Obama is a U.S. citizen and some third party write-in candidates filed the suit. They want verification to take place before the November election.
The lawsuit also raises questions about Mitt Romney's birth place because his father was born in Mexico to U.S. citizens, which automatically made him an American citizen.
Mitt Romney was born in Michigan.
legal, election, california news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 26 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 54 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 19 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
3 min ago