Birthers file CA lawsuit, question Romney's citizenship
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- So-called birthers have filed a lawsuit demanding the California secretary of state verify the eligibility of this year's presidential candidates.
Voters who do not believe President Obama is a U.S. citizen and some third party write-in candidates filed the suit. They want verification to take place before the November election.
The lawsuit also raises questions about Mitt Romney's birth place because his father was born in Mexico to U.S. citizens, which automatically made him an American citizen.
Mitt Romney was born in Michigan.
legal, election, california news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 5 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 30 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 53 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'