UC board meeting disrupted by swimsuit-clad students; 3 arrested
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A rowdy student protest interrupted the University of California Board of Regents meeting in San Francisco on Thursday.
Students stripped down to swimsuits, tossed beach balls and screamed, "Spring break, spring break!"
The demonstrators were upset that the meeting was held during spring break, when many students wouldn't be able to attend. They also claimed they weren't given enough time to speak during a public comment period.
Police warned them to leave, and after about 10 minutes, three students were arrested.
protest, california, budget, california news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 44 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 51 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 45 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons