UC board meeting disrupted by swimsuit-clad students; 3 arrested
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A rowdy student protest interrupted the University of California Board of Regents meeting in San Francisco on Thursday.
Students stripped down to swimsuits, tossed beach balls and screamed, "Spring break, spring break!"
The demonstrators were upset that the meeting was held during spring break, when many students wouldn't be able to attend. They also claimed they weren't given enough time to speak during a public comment period.
Police warned them to leave, and after about 10 minutes, three students were arrested.
protest, california, budget, california news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 53 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 20 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage 31 min ago
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- LA Lakers talk game on Christmas Day
34 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago