Prison officials release Charles Manson photos
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- California prison officials have released updated mug shots of Charles Manson. The photos were taken in June 2011 and were released Thursday. They show the 77-year-old Manson with long gray hair and a shaggy beard.
Manson comes up for his 12th parole hearing next week and is certain to be denied. . It could be his last because state law now allows a denial of parole for up to 15 years.
Manson has not attended a parole hearing since 1997, when he rambled on for hours, denying that he had killed anyone and espousing the beliefs that guided his cult.
He is serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the Tate-La Bianca murders in 1969.
Manson is an old man living among a few other notorious killers whose lives would be in jeopardy if released into the general population at Corcoran State Prison, Thornton said. They are in a protective housing unit and can go outside into a yard.
Even now, Manson is a problem prisoner, having racked up rules violations for receiving smuggled cell phones and for having a homemade weapon in his cell last October.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)