Prison officials release Charles Manson photos
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- California prison officials have released updated mug shots of Charles Manson. The photos were taken in June 2011 and were released Thursday. They show the 77-year-old Manson with long gray hair and a shaggy beard.
Manson comes up for his 12th parole hearing next week and is certain to be denied. . It could be his last because state law now allows a denial of parole for up to 15 years.
Manson has not attended a parole hearing since 1997, when he rambled on for hours, denying that he had killed anyone and espousing the beliefs that guided his cult.
He is serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the Tate-La Bianca murders in 1969.
Manson is an old man living among a few other notorious killers whose lives would be in jeopardy if released into the general population at Corcoran State Prison, Thornton said. They are in a protective housing unit and can go outside into a yard.
Even now, Manson is a problem prisoner, having racked up rules violations for receiving smuggled cell phones and for having a homemade weapon in his cell last October.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 21 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 40 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
18 min ago