2nd arrest made in SD Marine wife's death
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities on Tuesday announced a second arrest in the mysterious death of a Camp Pendleton Marine's wife.
Louis Ray Perez, 45, was arrested on suspicion of murder. Perez, who is also a Camp Pendleton Marine, had been a person of interest since the disappearance and murder of Brittany Killgore.
He has been in police custody since April 14 on charges of possessing a stolen weapon. Police believe he was the last person seen with Brittany Killgore.
Brittany Killgore's body was found naked and dumped near Lake Skinner in Riverside County, about 25 miles from her apartment in Fallbrook.
Investigators say a suicide note written by Jessica Lynn Lopez told them where to find the body. The 25-year-old has pleaded not guilty to murder charges
Prosecutors remain tight-lipped about a possible motive, and authorities aren't saying how Perez or Lopez are connected to the case.
Brittany Killgore disappeared four days after she filed for divorce from her husband, Lance Cpl. Cory Killgore, who has been serving a tour of duty in Afghanistan. He is returning to Southern California on emergency leave due to the investigation. Authorities say he is not a suspect.
missing person, body found, homicide investigation, california news
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 23 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 24 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 26 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 34 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 4 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 19 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 21 min ago