San Diego man tried to sacrifice son after hearing voices
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- San Diego police arrested a man who slashed his son's arms after hearing voices telling him to sacrifice the boy.
Authorities said Joseph Ramirez took his family to a cemetery, where he used a knife to cut open his 8-year-old son's forearms, and then turned the weapon on his own arms.
A security guard tackled Ramirez as he tried to run away.
Ramirez faces charges of child abuse and assault with a deadly weapon. The boy is expected to be OK.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Stroke recognition crucial for quick...
39 min ago