Amgen cycling race kicks off in Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KABC) -- A blockbuster bike race drawing pros from around the world kicked off in Northern California Sunday morning.
The 2012 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour-de-France-style cycling road race that covers nearly 750 miles starting in Santa Rosa and finishing in downtown Los Angeles next Sunday, May 20.
For the first time in the race's history, fans will have the opportunity to ride along 5 miles of the actual course's final stage, which runs from Beverly Hills to L.A. LIVE. That last stage covers just under 45 miles.
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son