Memorial Day-banner plane crashes in San Diego Bay
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A plane carrying a Memorial Day banner crash landed in the San Diego Bay, and it was all caught on video.
Amazingly, no one was hurt. The single-engine Cessna began losing altitude, and then it slammed into the water.
The two men on board were able to get out safely and were rescued by some Good Samaritans on passing boats.
The plane reportedly had engine failure but the pilot was able to glide the plane into the bay without hitting anything or anyone.
The plane was flying a banner that read, "Honor our heroes," an advertisement for the USS Midway Museum.
plane crash, san diego, caught on tape, california news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
40 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
29 min ago