California High Speed Rail Authority hires Jeff Morales as new CEO
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The California High Speed Rail Authority has hired a new CEO.
Jeff Morales is the former director of the California Department of Transportation. Board officials said Morales has extensive experience in large and complex transportation issues.
Morales replaces Roelof van Ark. The CEO position has been vacant since January.
Meanwhile, the board said an independent review group finds its new plan to connect San Francisco and Los Angeles by building upon regional transit systems is greatly improved and could save the project $30 billion.
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 34 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 12 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 51 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...