California High Speed Rail Authority hires Jeff Morales as new CEO
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The California High Speed Rail Authority has hired a new CEO.
Jeff Morales is the former director of the California Department of Transportation. Board officials said Morales has extensive experience in large and complex transportation issues.
Morales replaces Roelof van Ark. The CEO position has been vacant since January.
Meanwhile, the board said an independent review group finds its new plan to connect San Francisco and Los Angeles by building upon regional transit systems is greatly improved and could save the project $30 billion.
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 48 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 43 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
56 min ago