Homeless man causes security breach in San Diego airport
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A homeless man caused a major security breach at San Diego International Airport when he boarded a plane to for Los Angeles after just being released from prison.
The suspect was able to walk through an alarmed but unguarded emergency door inside the terminal. He then blended into a line of passengers boarding a commuter plane on the tarmac. Only a final passenger count by flight attendants nabbed the suspect before take-off.
Police say the man has an extensive criminal history. He's been arrested and charged with trespassing.
airport security, airport news, california news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 19 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 44 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further 47 min ago
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family 51 min ago
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14