Homeless man causes security breach in San Diego airport
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A homeless man caused a major security breach at San Diego International Airport when he boarded a plane to for Los Angeles after just being released from prison.
The suspect was able to walk through an alarmed but unguarded emergency door inside the terminal. He then blended into a line of passengers boarding a commuter plane on the tarmac. Only a final passenger count by flight attendants nabbed the suspect before take-off.
Police say the man has an extensive criminal history. He's been arrested and charged with trespassing.
airport security, airport news, california news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 33 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 2 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 9 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)