Homeless man causes security breach in San Diego airport
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A homeless man caused a major security breach at San Diego International Airport when he boarded a plane to for Los Angeles after just being released from prison.
The suspect was able to walk through an alarmed but unguarded emergency door inside the terminal. He then blended into a line of passengers boarding a commuter plane on the tarmac. Only a final passenger count by flight attendants nabbed the suspect before take-off.
Police say the man has an extensive criminal history. He's been arrested and charged with trespassing.
airport security, airport news, california news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 47 min ago
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Marc Brown describes meeting Nelson Mandela
57 min ago