Homeless man causes security breach in San Diego airport
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A homeless man caused a major security breach at San Diego International Airport when he boarded a plane to for Los Angeles after just being released from prison.
The suspect was able to walk through an alarmed but unguarded emergency door inside the terminal. He then blended into a line of passengers boarding a commuter plane on the tarmac. Only a final passenger count by flight attendants nabbed the suspect before take-off.
Police say the man has an extensive criminal history. He's been arrested and charged with trespassing.
airport security, airport news, california news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison