13 CA hospitals fined for dangerous lapses
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thirteen California hospitals are facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines because of failures in patient care.
Locally, the Motion Picture & Television Hospital in Woodland Hills and Keck Hospital of University of Southern California were fined for leaving surgical equipment inside patients.
The state also fined Chapman Medical Center in Orange $75,000 after a male nurse allegedly sexually assaulted a sedated female patient.
Hospitals have a right to appeal the fines within 10 days, according to department.
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash 3 min ago
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final 50 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping 43 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved 51 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event