13 CA hospitals fined for dangerous lapses
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thirteen California hospitals are facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines because of failures in patient care.
Locally, the Motion Picture & Television Hospital in Woodland Hills and Keck Hospital of University of Southern California were fined for leaving surgical equipment inside patients.
The state also fined Chapman Medical Center in Orange $75,000 after a male nurse allegedly sexually assaulted a sedated female patient.
Hospitals have a right to appeal the fines within 10 days, according to department.
- Boy Scouts votes to accept openly gay boys 52 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station 4 min ago
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'