Sacramento shooting kills 4; suspect injured
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A shootout in Sacramento left four people dead and a fifth person injured, as police sought a motive for the gunfire.
Police were called to a house on the 7600 block of 18th Street just before 10:45 p.m. Saturday.
Officers found the bodies of three men and a woman inside the home. They died from gunshot wounds.
A fifth person, who has been identified as a suspect, was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police say the suspect was wounded apparently by someone in the home who confronted him. He was listed in critical but stable condition.
There was no word on what sparked the shooting, but investigators say some gang members were involved. Investigators said the attack did not appear to be random.
The names of the victims have not been released. Two were residents of the home and two were guests.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, california news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 56 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 19 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere