Stepson belted on video: Calif. official resigns
EL CENTRO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Imperial County official resigned after a video allegedly showing him hitting his stepson during a game of catch turned up on YouTube.
A neighbor says he shot the video after he saw Anthony Sanchez repeatedly hit the boy with a belt.
Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse Friday.
Sanchez was elected to serve on the board of the Imperial County Irrigation District.
His lawyer says no charges have been filed and that the facts of the case will emerge during the investigation.
caught on tape, california news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event