Suspected pimp killed by San Francisco teen's parents, police say
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A San Francisco couple is accused of killing a man they suspected of pimping their teenage daughter.
Barry Gilton and his girlfriend, Lupe Mercado, face murder charges for the death of 22-year-old Calvin Sneed, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
Sneed was shot and killed on June 4, officials said. Police believe Gilton was the shooter. Investigators said the couple searched for their 17-year-old daughter throughout the state once they found out she may have been working as a prostitute for Sneed.
Officials said Gilton and Mercado may also be responsible for a shooting last month where someone fired into Sneed's car. They're both being held on $2 million bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
northern california, california news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments