Suspected pimp killed by San Francisco teen's parents, police say
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A San Francisco couple is accused of killing a man they suspected of pimping their teenage daughter.
Barry Gilton and his girlfriend, Lupe Mercado, face murder charges for the death of 22-year-old Calvin Sneed, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
Sneed was shot and killed on June 4, officials said. Police believe Gilton was the shooter. Investigators said the couple searched for their 17-year-old daughter throughout the state once they found out she may have been working as a prostitute for Sneed.
Officials said Gilton and Mercado may also be responsible for a shooting last month where someone fired into Sneed's car. They're both being held on $2 million bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
northern california, california news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees