Suspected pimp killed by San Francisco teen's parents, police say
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A San Francisco couple is accused of killing a man they suspected of pimping their teenage daughter.
Barry Gilton and his girlfriend, Lupe Mercado, face murder charges for the death of 22-year-old Calvin Sneed, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
Sneed was shot and killed on June 4, officials said. Police believe Gilton was the shooter. Investigators said the couple searched for their 17-year-old daughter throughout the state once they found out she may have been working as a prostitute for Sneed.
Officials said Gilton and Mercado may also be responsible for a shooting last month where someone fired into Sneed's car. They're both being held on $2 million bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
northern california, california news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)