Leah Cecil, former ABC7 'Cool Kid,' wins Miss California
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old harpist from Orange County is the new Miss California.
Leah Cecil of Garden Grove won the title Saturday night in Fresno. Cecil will represent California at the Miss America competition in January.
The California State University, Fullerton graduate plans to get a master's degree and teach music.
In 2007, Cecil was featured as one of Eyewitness News' "Cool Kids" for her efforts to raise money for a group that provides therapeutic harp music to adults and kids. She is also a former competitor on the ABC show "Wipeout."
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months