Leah Cecil, former ABC7 'Cool Kid,' wins Miss California
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old harpist from Orange County is the new Miss California.
Leah Cecil of Garden Grove won the title Saturday night in Fresno. Cecil will represent California at the Miss America competition in January.
The California State University, Fullerton graduate plans to get a master's degree and teach music.
In 2007, Cecil was featured as one of Eyewitness News' "Cool Kids" for her efforts to raise money for a group that provides therapeutic harp music to adults and kids. She is also a former competitor on the ABC show "Wipeout."
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 37 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 34 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 39 min ago