Leah Cecil, former ABC7 'Cool Kid,' wins Miss California
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old harpist from Orange County is the new Miss California.
Leah Cecil of Garden Grove won the title Saturday night in Fresno. Cecil will represent California at the Miss America competition in January.
The California State University, Fullerton graduate plans to get a master's degree and teach music.
In 2007, Cecil was featured as one of Eyewitness News' "Cool Kids" for her efforts to raise money for a group that provides therapeutic harp music to adults and kids. She is also a former competitor on the ABC show "Wipeout."
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 51 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 39 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10