Great white shark spotted off San Diego coast
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Diego-area beach is back open on Tuesday after a shark sighting off the coast at La Jolla Shores.
A lifeguard was on a paddleboard just past the wave line when she spotted the 12- to 15-foot shark about 50 yards from the main lifeguard tower on Monday afternoon.
Several beachgoers also said they saw the shark. The shark is believed to have been a great white.
Lifeguards closed a one-mile stretch of the ocean to swimmers and surfers.
animal news, san diego, california news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison