Small plane crashes in CA orchard, 2 dead
PIRU, Calif. (KABC) -- A small plane crashed in an orchard near Piru, Calif., on Thursday, killing two people on board.
It happened around 1:30 p.m. A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said it's unclear what caused the two-seat, single engine ultralight plane to go down.
No one on the ground was injured. The identification of the victims have not been released.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the crash.
plane crash, california news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 42 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 15 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 21 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 23 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks