Small plane crashes in CA orchard, 2 dead
PIRU, Calif. (KABC) -- A small plane crashed in an orchard near Piru, Calif., on Thursday, killing two people on board.
It happened around 1:30 p.m. A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said it's unclear what caused the two-seat, single engine ultralight plane to go down.
No one on the ground was injured. The identification of the victims have not been released.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the crash.
plane crash, california news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 43 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 41 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts