More than 100 whale sightings in Monterey Bay this week
MONTEREY, Calif. (KABC) -- People in Monterey Bay are enjoying the incredible sight of a huge gathering of whales Friday.
The whales include orcas, blue whales, fin whales and California gray whales.
Tour boat operators say they had more than a hundred whale sightings Thursday and nearly as many in the days before. They also had sightings of sharks, dolphins and squid.
Marine biologists say this kind of gathering is rare. They say it indicates there's good feeding in the area.
animal news, california news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 33 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 10 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10