More than 100 whale sightings in Monterey Bay this week
MONTEREY, Calif. (KABC) -- People in Monterey Bay are enjoying the incredible sight of a huge gathering of whales Friday.
The whales include orcas, blue whales, fin whales and California gray whales.
Tour boat operators say they had more than a hundred whale sightings Thursday and nearly as many in the days before. They also had sightings of sharks, dolphins and squid.
Marine biologists say this kind of gathering is rare. They say it indicates there's good feeding in the area.
animal news, california news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 59 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 20 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'