More than 100 whale sightings in Monterey Bay this week
MONTEREY, Calif. (KABC) -- People in Monterey Bay are enjoying the incredible sight of a huge gathering of whales Friday.
The whales include orcas, blue whales, fin whales and California gray whales.
Tour boat operators say they had more than a hundred whale sightings Thursday and nearly as many in the days before. They also had sightings of sharks, dolphins and squid.
Marine biologists say this kind of gathering is rare. They say it indicates there's good feeding in the area.
animal news, california news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 2 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 13 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 53 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 9 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 5 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 6 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 25 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks