More than 100 whale sightings in Monterey Bay this week
MONTEREY, Calif. (KABC) -- People in Monterey Bay are enjoying the incredible sight of a huge gathering of whales Friday.
The whales include orcas, blue whales, fin whales and California gray whales.
Tour boat operators say they had more than a hundred whale sightings Thursday and nearly as many in the days before. They also had sightings of sharks, dolphins and squid.
Marine biologists say this kind of gathering is rare. They say it indicates there's good feeding in the area.
animal news, california news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments