'Plain Jane Bandit' behind 6 SoCal bank heists
WILDOMAR, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a bank robber dubbed the "Plain Jane Bandit," who is behind six Southern California heists.
The most recent robbery happened Tuesday night at a U.S. Bank branch inside a Wildomar grocery store. The suspect demanded cash from the teller and said there was a second individual outside the bank. However, no accomplice was seen.
The FBI says the suspect also hit four other U.S. Bank branches in Buena Park, Moreno Valley, Whittier and Santa Fe Springs. She also held up a Chase branch in Moreno Valley.
Witnesses say she may be driving a silver, four-door car with a sunroof.
If you have any information about these robberies, you're urged to call the Los Angeles FBI office at (310) 477-6565.
bank robbery, california news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 56 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 43 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 48 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors