'Plain Jane Bandit' behind 6 SoCal bank heists
WILDOMAR, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a bank robber dubbed the "Plain Jane Bandit," who is behind six Southern California heists.
The most recent robbery happened Tuesday night at a U.S. Bank branch inside a Wildomar grocery store. The suspect demanded cash from the teller and said there was a second individual outside the bank. However, no accomplice was seen.
The FBI says the suspect also hit four other U.S. Bank branches in Buena Park, Moreno Valley, Whittier and Santa Fe Springs. She also held up a Chase branch in Moreno Valley.
Witnesses say she may be driving a silver, four-door car with a sunroof.
If you have any information about these robberies, you're urged to call the Los Angeles FBI office at (310) 477-6565.
bank robbery, california news
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US 47 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)