'Plain Jane Bandit' behind 6 SoCal bank heists
WILDOMAR, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a bank robber dubbed the "Plain Jane Bandit," who is behind six Southern California heists.
The most recent robbery happened Tuesday night at a U.S. Bank branch inside a Wildomar grocery store. The suspect demanded cash from the teller and said there was a second individual outside the bank. However, no accomplice was seen.
The FBI says the suspect also hit four other U.S. Bank branches in Buena Park, Moreno Valley, Whittier and Santa Fe Springs. She also held up a Chase branch in Moreno Valley.
Witnesses say she may be driving a silver, four-door car with a sunroof.
If you have any information about these robberies, you're urged to call the Los Angeles FBI office at (310) 477-6565.
bank robbery, california news
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'