Amber Alert issued for 16-year-old Monterey County girl; suspects tied to double murder
SAN ARDO, CA (KABC) -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a 16-year-old girl who sheriff's deputies believe was taken by two men who shot and killed two others.
Monterey County sheriff's deputies received a call from a homeowner saying he found two men killed in a house on the 62000 block of Railroad Avenue in San Ardo at about 2 a.m. Sunday. The victims were identified as Hector Reyes and Daniel Fraga.
The missing girl, Eunice Serrato, is the daughter of that homeowner. Authorities say Serrato's boyfriend, 19-year-old Juan Manuel Salazar, and his father, 39-year-old Juan Salazar Sr., are persons of interest in the case. Officials said the father has turned himself in to authorities, but his son and the victim were still outstanding.
According to investigators, Serrato was wearing a blue and white shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and sandals. The younger Salazar is described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and possibly wearing glasses. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Sheriff's officials said they located the suspects' car, an Acura Integra, on Sunday in southern Monterey County. Authorities believed the suspects were heading to Mexico.
If you have any information that could help investigators, call 911.
amber alert, missing person, california news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 10 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 16 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 50 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis