Amber Alert still in effect for Monterey County teen; boyfriend sought
SAN ARDO, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continues Monday for a missing 16-year-old girl from San Ardo in Monterey County.
Investigators believe Eunice Serrato's boyfriend, 19-year-old Juan Manuel Salazar, and his father, 39-year-old Juan Salazar Sr., kidnapped her and headed for Mexico.
The father turned himself in on Sunday, but the search continues for his son and the victim. Officials issued an Amber Alert after finding two men dead inside Serrato's home on Saturday. The victims were identified as Hector Reyes and Daniel Fraga.
Investigators think Salazar and Serrato are traveling in a tan 2007 Honda civic with the California license plate number 6JUK098.
Serrato is 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue and white shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and sandals. Salazar was described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and possibly wearing glasses. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call 911.
amber alert, missing person, california news
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'