Amber Alert still in effect for Monterey County teen; boyfriend sought
SAN ARDO, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continues Monday for a missing 16-year-old girl from San Ardo in Monterey County.
Investigators believe Eunice Serrato's boyfriend, 19-year-old Juan Manuel Salazar, and his father, 39-year-old Juan Salazar Sr., kidnapped her and headed for Mexico.
The father turned himself in on Sunday, but the search continues for his son and the victim. Officials issued an Amber Alert after finding two men dead inside Serrato's home on Saturday. The victims were identified as Hector Reyes and Daniel Fraga.
Investigators think Salazar and Serrato are traveling in a tan 2007 Honda civic with the California license plate number 6JUK098.
Serrato is 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue and white shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and sandals. Salazar was described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and possibly wearing glasses. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call 911.
amber alert, missing person, california news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 24 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 27 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants