Amber Alert still in effect for Monterey County teen; boyfriend sought
SAN ARDO, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continues Monday for a missing 16-year-old girl from San Ardo in Monterey County.
Investigators believe Eunice Serrato's boyfriend, 19-year-old Juan Manuel Salazar, and his father, 39-year-old Juan Salazar Sr., kidnapped her and headed for Mexico.
The father turned himself in on Sunday, but the search continues for his son and the victim. Officials issued an Amber Alert after finding two men dead inside Serrato's home on Saturday. The victims were identified as Hector Reyes and Daniel Fraga.
Investigators think Salazar and Serrato are traveling in a tan 2007 Honda civic with the California license plate number 6JUK098.
Serrato is 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue and white shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and sandals. Salazar was described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and possibly wearing glasses. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call 911.
amber alert, missing person, california news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 27 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 8 min ago
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future