Amber Alert still in effect for Monterey County teen; boyfriend sought
SAN ARDO, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continues Monday for a missing 16-year-old girl from San Ardo in Monterey County.
Investigators believe Eunice Serrato's boyfriend, 19-year-old Juan Manuel Salazar, and his father, 39-year-old Juan Salazar Sr., kidnapped her and headed for Mexico.
The father turned himself in on Sunday, but the search continues for his son and the victim. Officials issued an Amber Alert after finding two men dead inside Serrato's home on Saturday. The victims were identified as Hector Reyes and Daniel Fraga.
Investigators think Salazar and Serrato are traveling in a tan 2007 Honda civic with the California license plate number 6JUK098.
Serrato is 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue and white shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and sandals. Salazar was described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and possibly wearing glasses. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call 911.
amber alert, missing person, california news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments