Amber Alert still in effect for Monterey County teen; boyfriend sought
SAN ARDO, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continues Monday for a missing 16-year-old girl from San Ardo in Monterey County.
Investigators believe Eunice Serrato's boyfriend, 19-year-old Juan Manuel Salazar, and his father, 39-year-old Juan Salazar Sr., kidnapped her and headed for Mexico.
The father turned himself in on Sunday, but the search continues for his son and the victim. Officials issued an Amber Alert after finding two men dead inside Serrato's home on Saturday. The victims were identified as Hector Reyes and Daniel Fraga.
Investigators think Salazar and Serrato are traveling in a tan 2007 Honda civic with the California license plate number 6JUK098.
Serrato is 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue and white shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and sandals. Salazar was described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and possibly wearing glasses. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call 911.
amber alert, missing person, california news
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury 17 min ago
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings 6 min ago
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo 43 min ago
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey 13 min ago
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale