Proposition 8 campaign committee facing fines
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The campaign committee for Prop 8, the ballot measure that outlawed same-sex marriage in California, is being fined for failing to report political contributions.
ProtectMarriage.com - Yes on 8 has agreed to a $49,000 fine proposed by the Fair Political Practices Commission.
The group failed to properly file public reports disclosing late contributions and contributions of more than $5,000.
Prop 8 passed in 2008, making same-sex marriage illegal in California, but it has since been overturned by the courts.
prop 8, legal, california news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 57 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign 1 min ago
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Beach Report Card rates Calif. water quality
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'