Proposition 8 campaign committee facing fines
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The campaign committee for Prop 8, the ballot measure that outlawed same-sex marriage in California, is being fined for failing to report political contributions.
ProtectMarriage.com - Yes on 8 has agreed to a $49,000 fine proposed by the Fair Political Practices Commission.
The group failed to properly file public reports disclosing late contributions and contributions of more than $5,000.
Prop 8 passed in 2008, making same-sex marriage illegal in California, but it has since been overturned by the courts.
prop 8, legal, california news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 47 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 51 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 16 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour