Proposition 8 campaign committee facing fines
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The campaign committee for Prop 8, the ballot measure that outlawed same-sex marriage in California, is being fined for failing to report political contributions.
ProtectMarriage.com - Yes on 8 has agreed to a $49,000 fine proposed by the Fair Political Practices Commission.
The group failed to properly file public reports disclosing late contributions and contributions of more than $5,000.
Prop 8 passed in 2008, making same-sex marriage illegal in California, but it has since been overturned by the courts.
prop 8, legal, california news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations 59 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 49 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 14 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate