Proposition 8 campaign committee facing fines
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The campaign committee for Prop 8, the ballot measure that outlawed same-sex marriage in California, is being fined for failing to report political contributions.
ProtectMarriage.com - Yes on 8 has agreed to a $49,000 fine proposed by the Fair Political Practices Commission.
The group failed to properly file public reports disclosing late contributions and contributions of more than $5,000.
Prop 8 passed in 2008, making same-sex marriage illegal in California, but it has since been overturned by the courts.
prop 8, legal, california news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 24 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 40 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 20 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 35 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2