800 lbs. of smuggled pot caught in carrots shipment
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Criminals turned to produce as they tried to smuggle close to 800 pounds of marijuana into the country.
The marijuana, worth an estimated $1.1 million, was found hidden in a shipment of carrots Thursday.
The truck was stopped by Border Protection officers in San Diego as it tried to cross into the U.S. from Mexico.
More than 100 cellophane-wrapped packages of pot were seized.
The driver was arrested on the spot.
arrest, marijuana, california news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 17 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10