800 lbs. of smuggled pot caught in carrots shipment
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Criminals turned to produce as they tried to smuggle close to 800 pounds of marijuana into the country.
The marijuana, worth an estimated $1.1 million, was found hidden in a shipment of carrots Thursday.
The truck was stopped by Border Protection officers in San Diego as it tried to cross into the U.S. from Mexico.
More than 100 cellophane-wrapped packages of pot were seized.
The driver was arrested on the spot.
arrest, marijuana, california news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes 58 min ago
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event