Nadia Lockyer, estranged wife of California treasurer, arrested on drug charges
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The estranged wife of California Treasurer Bill Lockyer faces charges of drug possession and child abuse, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Police said they found methamphetamine at a house in Orange County where Nadia Lockyer, 41, was staying with her 9-year-old son.
A district attorney spokeswoman said police in Orange received a tip last week leading them to the house. Lockyer wasn't home, but police said they found methamphetamine and smoking paraphernalia.
Lockyer resigned from her Alameda County supervisor seat in April following a string of bizarre public incidents that she blamed on chemical dependency. Bill Lockyer, 71, has filed for divorce and is seeking joint custody of their son.
Nadia Lockyer pleaded not guilty Aug. 30 to a felony count of drug possession, two misdemeanor drug charges and one misdemeanor count of child abuse, because she is alleged to have kept the drugs in the home with her son.
She was released on her own recognizance to a drug rehab center and is due back in court Monday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, california news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 20 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 14 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault 58 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 12 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty 26 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs 57 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices...
57 min ago