Bakersfield dad threatens to shoot speeding drivers
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KABC) -- Fed up with people speeding through his neighborhood, a Bakersfield dad took matters into his own hands.
He put up a sign in his front yard that reads, "Warning! You hit my kid, you will be shot!!"
Phillip and his wife, Danielle, love watching their kids play in the front yard, but they've had a few close calls with fast drivers. They are hoping this sign is enough to get people to slow down.
Police say the parents aren't breaking any laws with their sign, but they don't condone it either. They say anyone with safety concerns in their neighborhood should give them a call.
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 32 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 2 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 32 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'