San Diego police sergeant pulls woman by hair - caught on camera
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Diego police sergeant is being investigated following a violent confrontation with a woman whose house was on fire.
The incident was caught on camera. The distraught woman, Torazzi Hayslett, was reluctantly being pulled away from the fire by her husband.
The video shot Friday by the editor of the Imperial Beach Patch appeared to show Hayslett, a second grade teacher, swinging her open hand at Sgt. Daniel McLaughlin after he grabbed her arm. The sergeant is then seen trying to drag her to the ground by her hair.
This is not the first time McLaughlin has scuffled with the public. In May 2011, a civil court found that he used unreasonable force against a 74-year-old advocate for the homeless.
Police said they cannot comment because this is a personnel issue.
san diego, caught on tape, california news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison