San Diego police sergeant pulls woman by hair - caught on camera
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Diego police sergeant is being investigated following a violent confrontation with a woman whose house was on fire.
The incident was caught on camera. The distraught woman, Torazzi Hayslett, was reluctantly being pulled away from the fire by her husband.
The video shot Friday by the editor of the Imperial Beach Patch appeared to show Hayslett, a second grade teacher, swinging her open hand at Sgt. Daniel McLaughlin after he grabbed her arm. The sergeant is then seen trying to drag her to the ground by her hair.
This is not the first time McLaughlin has scuffled with the public. In May 2011, a civil court found that he used unreasonable force against a 74-year-old advocate for the homeless.
Police said they cannot comment because this is a personnel issue.
san diego, caught on tape, california news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 42 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future