San Diego police sergeant pulls woman by hair - caught on camera
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Diego police sergeant is being investigated following a violent confrontation with a woman whose house was on fire.
The incident was caught on camera. The distraught woman, Torazzi Hayslett, was reluctantly being pulled away from the fire by her husband.
The video shot Friday by the editor of the Imperial Beach Patch appeared to show Hayslett, a second grade teacher, swinging her open hand at Sgt. Daniel McLaughlin after he grabbed her arm. The sergeant is then seen trying to drag her to the ground by her hair.
This is not the first time McLaughlin has scuffled with the public. In May 2011, a civil court found that he used unreasonable force against a 74-year-old advocate for the homeless.
Police said they cannot comment because this is a personnel issue.
san diego, caught on tape, california news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 15 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 7 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 28 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
34 min ago