Calif. prison escapee located in Virginia, arrested after 12 years
SACRAMENTO (KABC) -- A state prison escapee was arrested in Fairfax, Virginia on Friday after 12 years on the run.
Carolyn Macy escaped from the Central City Community Center in Los Angeles on Jan. 7, 2000. She was serving time for grand theft of an employer exceeding $400 and defrauding with the use of an access card.
Macy was arrested in Fairfax, Virginia after a California Department of Corrections of Rehabilitation special agent developed a new lead with the help of a parole agent.
According to authorities, additional criminal charges might be filed. Macy was allegedly still involved in identity theft.
arrest, fraud, identity theft, california news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video