California Highway Patrol announces January job application window
SACRAMENTO (KABC) -- The California Highway Patrol announced Thursday it will accept applications for three days in January.
From Thursday, January 3, to Saturday, January 5, CHP will accept online applications for employment. This will be the first time in three years the agency has accepted applications. Interested applicants should go to chpcareers.com for more information.
A candidate should be a U.S. citizen and high school graduate between the ages of 20 and 35 years, with no felony convictions. Each applicant will undergo written and physical aptitude tests, as well as a panel review for appraisal. A background investigation will be performed, and medical, visual and psychological evaluations will be administered.
"Through this process, we are determined to find qualified men and women from diverse backgrounds who are committed to carrying out the CHP's mission and making a difference in their communities," said CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow.
california highway patrol, jobs, california news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks