Oceanside couple held Mexican girl captive for domestic work, sex
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Diego County couple is behind bars, charged with physically and sexually abusing a girl from Mexico.
The girl says the couple helped smuggle her into the U.S. when she was 12 years old. She's now an adult.
Deputies arrested Inez Martinez Garcia and Marcial Garcia Hernandez Thursday after a two-and-a-half-year investigation.
The girl told investigators the couple forced her to cook, clean, and care for their children, all under the threat of physical abuse. She says Hernandez also forced her to have sex with him and other men for money.
arrest, sex crimes, california news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 28 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 31 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
44 min ago