2,600 Medi-Cal cards sent to wrong families
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California health officials say they sent more than 2,600 Medi-Cal benefit ID cards to the wrong families.
The Department of Health Care Services said the error was discovered on Wednesday. Health officials say they took immediate action to notify the affected families and correct the mistake.
The cards ended up in the wrong envelopes because of a computer error. The state is working to send out replacement cards.
Agency officials say it's unlikely the mistake will lead to fraud or identity theft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 53 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 32 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 25 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 26 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons