2,600 Medi-Cal cards sent to wrong families
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California health officials say they sent more than 2,600 Medi-Cal benefit ID cards to the wrong families.
The Department of Health Care Services said the error was discovered on Wednesday. Health officials say they took immediate action to notify the affected families and correct the mistake.
The cards ended up in the wrong envelopes because of a computer error. The state is working to send out replacement cards.
Agency officials say it's unlikely the mistake will lead to fraud or identity theft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break