Police investigate 2 separate SD movie shootings
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating two separate movie theater shootings that occurred throughout San Diego County Saturday.
In San Diego, an officer reportedly shot and wounded a domestic dispute suspect inside Carmel Mountain Ranch movie theater.
The incident began around 2:22 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of a shopping center in the 11000 block of Carmel Mountain Road.
According to police, Tom Billodeaux, 20, of Escondido, was involved in a domestic dispute with his girlfriend at a nearby restaurant. As officers arrived to arrest Billodeaux, the suspect attempted to evade arrest by hiding in the nearby movie theater and pretending to be a patron.
Police located him inside the screening and confronted the suspect who appeared to reach for a gun and was then shot by police.
"As the officer approached the suspect, the officer gave the suspect verbal commands to determine if he was armed. The suspect initially complied by raising his empty hands, but then lowered them quickly into his lap," San Diego police Lt. Ernie Herbert said.
"The suspect raised a handgun and turned it toward the officer," Herbert claimed. "The officer shot the suspect and the suspect was taken into custody."
Billodeaux was shot in the arm and the chest and taken to a local hospital for treatment. According to authorities, he will be booked into the San Diego County Jail upon his release.
The theater had to be evacuated but no one else was hurt.
In a separate incident, a movie theater employee was shot in the arm, struck by a bullet fired from outside a theater in San Marcos.
The shooting happened around 9:10 p.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of West San Marcos Boulevard near the Edwards San Marcos Cinema.
Authorities believe the gunshot came from the theater parking lot or from San Marcos Boulevard and wasn't intentionally targeting the victim.
The unidentified female victim suffered none-life threatening injuries and was taken to Palomar Medical Center for treatment.
Both cases remain under investigation.
CNS contributed to this report.
shooting, california, california news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen 51 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 37 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 11 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour