San Diego airport arrest: Man ran onto tarmac
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man was arrested at San Diego Lindbergh Field Thursday morning after he ran onto the tarmac, police say.
Officers arrested the man around 6:20 a.m. as he was heading toward the terminal.
Witnesses say he was trying to hide from police in one of the airport vehicles. The man went to the naval hospital in an ambulance after the arrest.
Investigators think he was coming from the Marine Corps recruit depot near the airport. The incident did not affect any flights.
san diego, airport news, airport security, arrest, california news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 5 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 10 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video