San Diego airport arrest: Man ran onto tarmac
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man was arrested at San Diego Lindbergh Field Thursday morning after he ran onto the tarmac, police say.
Officers arrested the man around 6:20 a.m. as he was heading toward the terminal.
Witnesses say he was trying to hide from police in one of the airport vehicles. The man went to the naval hospital in an ambulance after the arrest.
Investigators think he was coming from the Marine Corps recruit depot near the airport. The incident did not affect any flights.
san diego, airport news, airport security, arrest, california news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2