San Diego airport arrest: Man ran onto tarmac
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man was arrested at San Diego Lindbergh Field Thursday morning after he ran onto the tarmac, police say.
Officers arrested the man around 6:20 a.m. as he was heading toward the terminal.
Witnesses say he was trying to hide from police in one of the airport vehicles. The man went to the naval hospital in an ambulance after the arrest.
Investigators think he was coming from the Marine Corps recruit depot near the airport. The incident did not affect any flights.
san diego, airport news, airport security, arrest, california news
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 30 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive 2 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 19 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 48 min ago