San Diego airport arrest: Man ran onto tarmac
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man was arrested at San Diego Lindbergh Field Thursday morning after he ran onto the tarmac, police say.
Officers arrested the man around 6:20 a.m. as he was heading toward the terminal.
Witnesses say he was trying to hide from police in one of the airport vehicles. The man went to the naval hospital in an ambulance after the arrest.
Investigators think he was coming from the Marine Corps recruit depot near the airport. The incident did not affect any flights.
san diego, airport news, airport security, arrest, california news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 1 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 9 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis