NorCal comedy club engulfed in 5-alarm fire
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KABC) -- There were no injuries reported but plenty of damage after a fire broke out at a comedy club in Fairfield, near Napa Valley.
When firefighters arrived on scene Friday night, they faced heavy smoke and flames shooting high up into the air. Crews had to fight the five-alarm blaze from outside for fear the two-story building would collapse.
The Original Pepperbelly Comedy and Variety Theater was built in the 1960s.
Investigators are looking into the cause of the blaze.
ABC News contributed to this report.
fire, california news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 23 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis