Community event marks San Onofre anniversary
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- It was a year ago Thursday that the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station was partially shut down after workers found excessive wear in some reactor tubing.
In recognition of the emergency shutdown, San Clemente Green is holding an event at the Community Center Saturday. The event is being billed as the "1st Annual NoSanO Anniversary: 1 Year Without San Onofre" and will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Actor and environmentalist Ed Begley, Jr. is set to make an appearance and talk about his experience with alternative energy sources. Live music will also be provided by the Kalama Brothers.
The U.S. Green Chamber of Commerce President Steve Bender will also discuss the green job market.
Pizza and wine will be served. Tickets are $15 at the door.
For more information, visit http://nosano.bpt.me/.
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark 8 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
28 min ago
- Pet of the Week: Beagle mix named Noelle
25 min ago