Community event marks San Onofre anniversary
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- It was a year ago Thursday that the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station was partially shut down after workers found excessive wear in some reactor tubing.
In recognition of the emergency shutdown, San Clemente Green is holding an event at the Community Center Saturday. The event is being billed as the "1st Annual NoSanO Anniversary: 1 Year Without San Onofre" and will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Actor and environmentalist Ed Begley, Jr. is set to make an appearance and talk about his experience with alternative energy sources. Live music will also be provided by the Kalama Brothers.
The U.S. Green Chamber of Commerce President Steve Bender will also discuss the green job market.
Pizza and wine will be served. Tickets are $15 at the door.
For more information, visit http://nosano.bpt.me/.
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 44 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 37 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 28 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 49 min ago