Rape suspect allegedly used Christian Mingle
LA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Southern California man is accused of raping a woman he met on a popular dating website. Police fear more victims may be out there.
Sean Banks, a 37-year-old Del Mar resident, is accused of luring his alleged victim through ChristianMingle.com. The computer technician was arrested on Feb. 11 and pleaded not guilty to charges of rape by force, residential burglary and digital penetration by force.
According to police, Banks worked all over the country and might have targeted more women. In the latest case, he used the online name "Rarity." Police suspect he might have used other names to target victims, including Ryan Butterwood and Ryan Harbough.
Anyone with information is urged to call the La Mesa Police Department at (619) 667-7538.
sex crimes, sexual assault, san diego, california news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 11 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 51 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 5 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 2 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'