'Luger Bandit' targets 3 CA Wells Fargo banks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for a serial bank robber dubbed the "Luger Bandit." He's wanted in three Southland heists in 2013.
The suspect is wanted in two violent takeover bank robberies in Granada Hills and Fontana, dating back to January. He's also wanted in an attempted bank robbery in San Dimas, which happened on Friday. All of the incidents involved Wells Fargo branches.
Surveillance images show him wearing a pull-over sweatshirt, face mask, sunglasses and black gloves. He's described by witnesses as a white or Hispanic male, approximately 30-40 years old, between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. Authorities say he carries a black bag with a strap during the robberies.
Police say he orders everyone to the ground and uses a silver gun resembling a German Luger-style weapon to demand cash.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 1 (888) CANT-HIDE or 1 (888) 226-8443.
In addition to the FBI, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles and Fontana police departments are working together to track down this suspect.
bank robbery, san bernardino county, california news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 10 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 50 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 6 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 2 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 3 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 22 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks