Amber Alert canceled; NorCal baby located
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert has been canceled after a missing 1-year-old girl who was inside an SUV that was stolen in San Jose was found safe.
Police say a female suspect stole the white 2006 Jeep Liberty in front of a house near Amador Court and Amador Drive at 6:43 a.m. Monday. Gabriela Quintero was inside but had not been strapped to her baby seat yet.
The girl's mother told police she got out of the vehicle momentarily, and the suspect jumped in and drove off. The mother says she does not know the suspect.
It was unclear where the girl was located.
The suspect has not been located. She was described as a Hispanic female in her 30s with a light complexion. She was carrying a red and white Target bag, and she appeared to be alone, police said.
The vehicle license plate number is 6BWK440. It has a spare tire on the back and two stickers on it related to babies.
Anyone with information is urged to call 911.
kidnap, northern california, california news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)