Amber Alert canceled; NorCal baby located
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert has been canceled after a missing 1-year-old girl who was inside an SUV that was stolen in San Jose was found safe.
Police say a female suspect stole the white 2006 Jeep Liberty in front of a house near Amador Court and Amador Drive at 6:43 a.m. Monday. Gabriela Quintero was inside but had not been strapped to her baby seat yet.
The girl's mother told police she got out of the vehicle momentarily, and the suspect jumped in and drove off. The mother says she does not know the suspect.
It was unclear where the girl was located.
The suspect has not been located. She was described as a Hispanic female in her 30s with a light complexion. She was carrying a red and white Target bag, and she appeared to be alone, police said.
The vehicle license plate number is 6BWK440. It has a spare tire on the back and two stickers on it related to babies.
Anyone with information is urged to call 911.
kidnap, northern california, california news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 9 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 3 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 21 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 13 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks