Amber Alert canceled; NorCal baby located
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert has been canceled after a missing 1-year-old girl who was inside an SUV that was stolen in San Jose was found safe.
Police say a female suspect stole the white 2006 Jeep Liberty in front of a house near Amador Court and Amador Drive at 6:43 a.m. Monday. Gabriela Quintero was inside but had not been strapped to her baby seat yet.
The girl's mother told police she got out of the vehicle momentarily, and the suspect jumped in and drove off. The mother says she does not know the suspect.
It was unclear where the girl was located.
The suspect has not been located. She was described as a Hispanic female in her 30s with a light complexion. She was carrying a red and white Target bag, and she appeared to be alone, police said.
The vehicle license plate number is 6BWK440. It has a spare tire on the back and two stickers on it related to babies.
Anyone with information is urged to call 911.
kidnap, northern california, california news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)