Powerball: No jackpot winner in California's first drawing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Californians got their first shot at the multi-state Powerball lottery, but there was no winner for the estimated $60 million jackpot.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing were 1, 36, 40, 52, 53 and the Powerball number was 20.
There were some smaller prizes though. One ticket with five of the numbers but missing the Powerball number was sold in Indiana and is worth $1 million, according to a California Lottery official.
More than 3 million tickets were sold in California alone, setting a national lotto record.
The next drawing will be Saturday with an estimated $70 million up for grabs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california, california news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 41 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 9 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour