Powerball: No jackpot winner in California's first drawing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Californians got their first shot at the multi-state Powerball lottery, but there was no winner for the estimated $60 million jackpot.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing were 1, 36, 40, 52, 53 and the Powerball number was 20.
There were some smaller prizes though. One ticket with five of the numbers but missing the Powerball number was sold in Indiana and is worth $1 million, according to a California Lottery official.
More than 3 million tickets were sold in California alone, setting a national lotto record.
The next drawing will be Saturday with an estimated $70 million up for grabs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california, california news
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 7 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 11 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 7 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 54 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 2 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis