Powerball: No jackpot winner in California's first drawing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Californians got their first shot at the multi-state Powerball lottery, but there was no winner for the estimated $60 million jackpot.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing were 1, 36, 40, 52, 53 and the Powerball number was 20.
There were some smaller prizes though. One ticket with five of the numbers but missing the Powerball number was sold in Indiana and is worth $1 million, according to a California Lottery official.
More than 3 million tickets were sold in California alone, setting a national lotto record.
The next drawing will be Saturday with an estimated $70 million up for grabs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california, california news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others 10 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son