Powerball: No jackpot winner in California's first drawing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Californians got their first shot at the multi-state Powerball lottery, but there was no winner for the estimated $60 million jackpot.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing were 1, 36, 40, 52, 53 and the Powerball number was 20.
There were some smaller prizes though. One ticket with five of the numbers but missing the Powerball number was sold in Indiana and is worth $1 million, according to a California Lottery official.
More than 3 million tickets were sold in California alone, setting a national lotto record.
The next drawing will be Saturday with an estimated $70 million up for grabs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california, california news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role