Powerball: No jackpot winner in California's first drawing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Californians got their first shot at the multi-state Powerball lottery, but there was no winner for the estimated $60 million jackpot.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing were 1, 36, 40, 52, 53 and the Powerball number was 20.
There were some smaller prizes though. One ticket with five of the numbers but missing the Powerball number was sold in Indiana and is worth $1 million, according to a California Lottery official.
More than 3 million tickets were sold in California alone, setting a national lotto record.
The next drawing will be Saturday with an estimated $70 million up for grabs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california, california news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 44 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 49 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video