1,000 pounds of marijuana seized from bus at San Ysidro port of entry
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- U.S. border patrol officers seized more than 1,000 pounds of marijuana hidden in the gas tank of a commercial bus at the San Ysidro port of entry.
The discovery was made around 10 a.m. Wednesday. An officer noticed something unusual and called in a canine team to inspect the bus.
Investigators also questioned the driver, who was described only as a 56-year-old man from Mexico.
Officers then ran the bus through an imaging system. They searched the bus and found 110 marijuana packages inside the gas tank, weighing about 1,071 pounds, with a street value of $482,000.
The driver was arrested and transported to the Metropolitan Correctional Center in San Diego.
marijuana, california, california news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 22 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 12 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
44 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
52 min ago