10-year-old girl fatally shot inside Northern California home
SACRAMENTO (KABC) -- A 10-year-old girl was fatally shot inside her home just outside of Sacramento Saturday. Police are searching for the suspects.
Deputies say at least two gunmen walked up the door of the Northern California home and fired at least a dozen shots.
Elvira Campos was killed. Her parents were also wounded by the gunfire but were expected to survive. Their names have not been released.
The girl's 14-year-old brother was in the house at the time of the shooting but not injured.
"Whoever these gunmen were, they were directly outside the front door," Sacramento County sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said Sunday. "This was not a drive-by. These gunmen approached the house and shot inside."
Investigators believe the shooting was gang-related and may have been tied to another family member.
Deputies responded to a separate shooting nearby the 10-year-old victim's home Sunday. The victim of that shooting was a 32-year-old suspected gang member. Detectives were looking at the possibility that both shootings were related.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, california news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill 24 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018 46 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)