Man shoots daughter with 3 children in home
OROSI, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way following a deadly family shooting in Central California. The motive remains unknown.
The incident occurred at a home in the city of Orosi located about 20 miles southeast of Fresno.
Police say 63-year-old Anthony Alvarez killed his adult daughter with her three children in the home. She has since been identified as 37-year-old Jennifer Kimble.
The father then shot and wounded a second daughter before turning the gun on himself.
Responding deputies found Alvarez dead from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The surviving daughter, 33-year-old Valerie Alvarez, was flown to a Fresno hospital and underwent surgery. She remains in stable condition.
Kimble's children were unharmed and have since been reunited with their father.
The investigation is ongoing. Autopsies are planned for later this week.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, california, california news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 20 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought 31 min ago
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere