Man shoots daughter with 3 children in home
OROSI, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way following a deadly family shooting in Central California. The motive remains unknown.
The incident occurred at a home in the city of Orosi located about 20 miles southeast of Fresno.
Police say 63-year-old Anthony Alvarez killed his adult daughter with her three children in the home. She has since been identified as 37-year-old Jennifer Kimble.
The father then shot and wounded a second daughter before turning the gun on himself.
Responding deputies found Alvarez dead from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The surviving daughter, 33-year-old Valerie Alvarez, was flown to a Fresno hospital and underwent surgery. She remains in stable condition.
Kimble's children were unharmed and have since been reunited with their father.
The investigation is ongoing. Autopsies are planned for later this week.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, california, california news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour