San Diego mayor accused of harassment by 3rd woman
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Another woman is now accusing San Diego Mayor Bob Filner of sexual harassment. She is the third to make such accusations.
Psychologist Morgan Rose told San Diego station KPBS on Wednesday that during a 2009 restaurant meeting with then-Congressman Filner, he repeatedly tried to kiss her.
Rose said Filner told her, "Your eyes have bewitched me," moved next to her in a booth, and tried to kiss her on the mouth. Rose says Filner took a phone call, then abruptly left.
Filner's problems began two weeks ago when a former councilwoman and onetime Filner supporter called for the mayor to step down, saying she had received credible evidence that he had harassed women. Filner issued a video statement, apologizing for intimidating and failing to fully respect women.
On Monday, Filner's former communications director, Irene McCormack Jackson, claimed in a lawsuit that he asked her to work without panties, demanded kisses, told her he wanted to see her naked and dragged her in a headlock while whispering in her ear.
Tuesday, political consultant Laura Fink said in an interview on KPBS that Filner patted her buttocks at an event in 2005 when she was deputy campaign manager to the former 10-term congressman.
The 70-year-old mayor has denied the accusations and shows no sign of quitting, fueling talk of a recall effort less than eight months into his four-year term. Although he has apologized, Filner has also insisted he will be cleared of any harassment claims.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san diego, california news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 5 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 36 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 5 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book