San Diego mayor accused of harassment by 3rd woman
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Another woman is now accusing San Diego Mayor Bob Filner of sexual harassment. She is the third to make such accusations.
Psychologist Morgan Rose told San Diego station KPBS on Wednesday that during a 2009 restaurant meeting with then-Congressman Filner, he repeatedly tried to kiss her.
Rose said Filner told her, "Your eyes have bewitched me," moved next to her in a booth, and tried to kiss her on the mouth. Rose says Filner took a phone call, then abruptly left.
Filner's problems began two weeks ago when a former councilwoman and onetime Filner supporter called for the mayor to step down, saying she had received credible evidence that he had harassed women. Filner issued a video statement, apologizing for intimidating and failing to fully respect women.
On Monday, Filner's former communications director, Irene McCormack Jackson, claimed in a lawsuit that he asked her to work without panties, demanded kisses, told her he wanted to see her naked and dragged her in a headlock while whispering in her ear.
Tuesday, political consultant Laura Fink said in an interview on KPBS that Filner patted her buttocks at an event in 2005 when she was deputy campaign manager to the former 10-term congressman.
The 70-year-old mayor has denied the accusations and shows no sign of quitting, fueling talk of a recall effort less than eight months into his four-year term. Although he has apologized, Filner has also insisted he will be cleared of any harassment claims.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san diego, california news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 33 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 12 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 23 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke